Why are HTML emails a security hazard?
Applies to: Grid System
There are many reasons why HTML email is a security hazard and many bad things that can happen to you or your computer by simply even previewing the message in a preview pane without even opening it.
* Invisible images that monitor recipients and transmit information about them
* Monitoring the path of a confidential e-mail messages
* Silent capture of valid email addresses for use by spammers
* Executing arbitrary code from email using backdoors in MS Office
* Abusing bugs in mail clients to execute programs attached to emails
* Using ActiveX scripts in html email to steal private local files
* Execution of malicious java applets
* Distribution of malicious worms that infect recipients' machines
More information regarding html and email based security threats, can be found here.
13105/0%Last update: 2011-02-17 16:00
Author: FAQ Admin
You can comment this FAQ