How do I transfer my domain name to Modwest?
Below are the requirements for domain name "Registar Transfers". All requirements must be met before we can process any transfer.
- You must have a current domain registration account with us. Modwest is not currently accepting new domain registration customers.
- The domain name being transferred must have been registered for more than 60 days with your current registrar. If a registrar transfer is initiated within the first 60 days of the registry period, the transfer will automatically be declined by the current registrar.
- The domain must not be "On-Hold" or "locked" by the current registrar. This can occur for several reasons, including a "lock" setting on the domain name, lack of payment, or domain expiry.
- If your domain is within 30 days of expiring, you should verify that your current registrar will allow you to transfer the domain away from them as some registrars don't allow transfers to occur within a certain number of days (which can vary) before expiration.
- When you initiate a domain transfer, a confirmation email will be sent to the Administrative email contact listed on the domain name. Therefore, it's imperative the current Administrative Contact email address must be able to confirm and authorize the transfer request.
To proceed with transferring your domain name to Modwest, please obtain a "transfer authorization code" from your current domain registrar then follow the steps below. If you don't know your current registrar, Modwest support can assist you in locating the information or, you can perform a 'WHOIS' search here.
- Log into your Modwest domain registration account here.
- Click the link 'Transfer your domains to us', located on the left side of the page.
- Enter the domain name(s) you want to transfer to Modwest, then click the button labeled 'Check'.
- The system will display any domains that are eligible to be transferred. Be sure the domain(s) is checked then click on the 'Add to Cart' button.
- Select the registration term length (i.e., 1yr, 2yr, 3yr or 6yr) from the dropdown box then click the "Check out" button.
- Populate all of the required fields under the billing information, be sure to agree to the 'Registration Agreement' then click "Complete Order".
You should immediately receive an email receipt for your order and within 24 hours, you will receive an email requesting confirmation of the transfer.
When you receive the confirmation email, click the 'confirm' link contained in the message and enter the transfer authorization code that was provided to you by your current registrar. If approved by the registrar, your domain transfer should be completed within 5-7 days.
6954/0%Last update: 2013-07-17 11:03
Author: Heather Masterson
You can comment this FAQ