How do I export a MySQL dumpfile via phpMyAdmin?
Applies to: Grid System
Please note that this FAQ only applies to databases that will create dumpfiles smaller than 8,192KB. For larger dumpfiles, please see our FAQ on exporting a dumpfile importing via the shell.
- First login to phpMyAdmin as the administrator for your site.
- Select the database server your database is currently on under the "Server Choice" heading.
- Select the database that you want from the dropdown menu on the left under the "Database:" heading.
- Select the "Export" tab towards the top of the page.
- The default settings should work for you.
- Check the box next to "Save as file."
- Select the file name that you would like for the new dumpfile to be called.
- Click on the "Go" button.
- Save the file locally to your machine wherever you would like.
If your dumpfile is smaller than 8,192KB then you can follow this FAQ to import your database somewhere else using phpMyAdmin. If the dumpfile is too large, then you should use our FAQ on importing a mySQL dumpfile via the shell here.
11605/0%Last update: 2010-10-05 16:01
Author: FAQ Admin
You can comment this FAQ