I changed the URL/address of my Wordpress site, and now my site won't load properly
Applies to: Grid System
If you change the address of your Wordpress site from the admin area, this may cause problems with the display of the site, including a blank/white page. In addition, you may have trouble logging into the Wordpress admin area. The problem is likely because the URL/address listed in the database is inaccurate, so you should manually verify the address/URL listed in the database and update it, if necessary.
Important Note: Please be sure to create a backup of your database before proceeding!
- Login to phpMyAdmin with your administrative username and password (note: your database password may be different from the password you use to access the Modwest Onsite Control Panel.)
- Select the database associated with your Wordpress installation from the 'Database:' dropdown box, located in the upper left corner.
- Click on the 'wp_options' table in the pane on the left, then click the 'Browse' tab located in the pane on the right.
- Click the 'Edit' link that is associated with the 'siteurl' field. If the URL/address is incorrect, update it to your new URL/address then click the 'Go' button. Note: take special care not to erase the 'http://' from the beginning of the address!
- Click the '>' button located at the bottom of the page to view the next page of field names in your database.
- Click the 'Edit' link that is associated with the 'home' field. If the URL/address is incorrect, update it to your new URL/address then click the 'Go' button. Note: take special care not to erase the 'http://' from the beginning of the address!
After completing these steps, you should again, be able to access your Wordpress site and the admin area. If you do continue to experience problems, contact support.
5101/0%Last update: 2011-01-21 15:06
Author: Heather Masterson
You can comment this FAQ