How do I install Wordpress?
Applies to: Grid System
You can launch your own WordPress-powered site in just a few seconds from within the OnSite control panel. There is no fee associated with the WordPress service but it does require a database, which may or may not incur a monthly fee, depending on your hosting plan.
- If you do not have a database, create one by following these steps.
- Login to your Modwest Onsite control panel here with the administrative username and password you chose at signup.
- Click 'Autoinstall Common Applications' from the "Other Tools" section of Onsite.
- Select 'Wordpress' from the dropdown box then choose the web address you'd like to use,
i.e., www.yourdomain.com/blog, blog.yourdomain.com, www.yourdomain.com
- Select the database that will store information for Wordpress then click 'Install'
- To complete the setup process, click the link that displays just to the right of to "Successfully installed Wordpress at".
- Provide a blog title and your email address and select whether or not you want your blog to appear in search engines then, click 'Install Wordpress'.
- Make note of the admin username & password (which can be changed after you login to the Wordpress admin area) then click 'Log In'.
Now, you're ready to begin customizing Wordpress and publishing content!
10828/0%Last update: 2010-10-05 16:20
Author: FAQ Admin
You can comment this FAQ