How do I get Joomla's built-in SEF functionality working?
Applies to: Grid System
By default, the Joomla's Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URL functionality is not enabled, so the urls displayed for your web site will look something like this:
After you have installed Joomla into your hosting account, you can enable SEF URLs by following these steps:
- Log into your Joomla administration interface, and click on 'Site', then 'Global Configuration'.
- Set the options 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' and 'Use Apache mod_rewrite' to 'Yes'.
- Locate the file 'htaccess' in your Joomla installation directory and rename it to .htaccess
- Edit the .htaccess file and un-comment the following line by removing the '#' symbol from the beginning:
# RewriteBase /
- Edit you account's /conf/php.ini file and un-comment the following line by removing the '#' symbol from the beginning:
Now, your Joomla site will display SEF URLs that look like this:
Note: If you have an existing .htaccess file, you may need to make additional "tweaks" to the file for Joomla's SEF functionality to work.
3640/0%Last update: 2010-10-05 16:21
Author: FAQ Admin
You can comment this FAQ